Thursday, August 6, 2009

lets get this party started! (actually posted on 6/15/09)


Alright, so i never do the blog thing, but I've heard its good to start before i actually go, just to get the hang of it.

School just ended at the beginning of this month and I haven't had much free time since. I went to Kennywood with Christian and JR Wolfe's family once and I just got back yesterday from a week long trip to Las Vegas with my closest friends, Christian and Amber. Things we bumpy at times, but I really had a blast, and I think they did too. Next week we are off to Chicago to see the city and drop Christian off to go back to Germany. At the beginning of July all the out bound exchange students in my district will be meeting to get some final information about our exchanges, meet some people going to the same countries as us, and receive our BLAZERS! I'm excited :P

Learning the language has been a bit tough, but I'm slowly working on it but mostly the vocab, not so much grammar. If anyone knows of a Czech teacher or has any suggestions or helpful ways to learn the language, I would love any help I could get :)

As for information about my exchange I have already received...

I was facebooked by my future host brother from my first host family about a couple months ago. He told me that I will be staying in a smallish city about 45 min south of Brno called Kroměříž. It has population of about 30,000 people and lots of historical buildings. Arcibiskupské Gymnázium v Kroměříži (aka the Archbishup Gymnasium). It is a catholic school about 6 min from my first home. I am really excited. My host mother is a neroligist and my father is a dentist. I have learned that I will have 3 siblings: Martin (24), Hana (22) and Barbora (18). The oldest two have already moved out, but are expected to come home for a visit or two :) Barbora will be going on her own exchange to WA state, so I am afraid I wont be getting to see much of her :-/
I have also started talking to some other girls who are going to Czech from the US and we have discussed our location and families. It turns out that most of them are located to the south of Prague, unfortunately that's about 2.5 to 3.5 hours away from me... I'm just can't wait for another person close to Brno to appear :P

Na shledano!
(good bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment